one.


physical. technical. cultural ingredients of the dish as well as the explorations of london.









i could tell you a lot of different reasons why i chose this dish.

i could explain to you, some intricate, presumably fabricated and detailed response about how cajun jambalaya relates to my explorations of the city of london.










i could say that this meal appeals to the senses in a way similar to that of the city. the colours. the smells. the diversity of ingredients and their relationship to one another.










i could tell you that this meal is completely self motivated in that, for me, it is a comfort food, reminding me of the flavours of my home as i completely immerse myself in the unfamiliar.









i could describe to you the ways that this meal, like any truly interesting place, is compiled of elements that are immediately understandable as well as others that are perceivably there yet totally indescribable.








in actuality, i chose this dish because it is a representation of who i am and where i come from. this version of jambalaya is compiled of many flavours and ingredients that have been substituted relative to place and experience. it is, like me, a foundation established by my roots and origins that has become altered through the desire and ability to try new things.


No comments:

Post a Comment